CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, June 29, 2009

Time Flies


Today I have been downloading old photos to my new computer. I came across this sweet photo of Gabrielle, and I thought, "where has time gone?" We had to go to the doctor today for Gabrielle's 2nd year checkup. I thought it was hard hearing an infant cry after getting a shot... I am certain that it only gets worse as the children get older. Gabrielle was so brave. She was actually excited to lay down to get a "shot". We have been playing with the Animal Hospital the Grimes gave us for her Big Sister present. She loves giving the animals a shot. The idea sounded neat until that needle pricked through her little thigh. Speaking of thighs, I can hardly wait to download a picture of Eva's legs. How can four rolls fit between her little knees and hip joints? It looks like she has little rubber bands around her thighs. I really think everything about her is cute.
Anyway, another difficult day is coming to an end, and I am grateful that we had a wonderful visit with Aunt Linda and Ruthie this morning. It was definitely the highlight of our day! Gabrielle and Eva have the most wonderful great-grandmother. Ruthie is one of Gabrielle's most favorite people in the world. I think it is amazing that Gabrielle will grow up having known her great-grandmother with such a strong affection. Ruthie, age 86, sat on the ground outside of Gabrielle's playhouse and watched as Gabrielle ate her lunch on the stove. I enjoyed catching up with my Aunt Linda while she held her other great niece in her arms. I can tell that Eva loves her Tant girls already. The house is quiet and I am listening to the sound of my hardworking husband mow the lawn at 8:26 at night. As much as I want to wait up for him to cuddle into bed, I want my sleep more. Goodnight!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: