Gabrielle and Eva seem to have a real sweet relationship already. The first few weeks with Eva at home were a bit challenging for my "love bug". Gabrielle did not know how to express what she was feeling in any way besides laying on the ground and crying, "my turn." After six weeks, I am praising God because these girls have come a long way! Gabrielle has definitely grown patient and more understanding of my responsibilities to the baby.
Gabrielle has become quite the big sister. She gave up helping with changing diapers very early when Eva had to poo at the same time Gabrielle was helping wipe her clean. For a while, she would try helping by STUFFING a paci in Eva's mouth. One time she caressed Eva's head so hard she left a bloody scratch on the top of little sister's head! I don't think anything is done to intentionally hurt the baby, Gabrielle has not mastered the idea of being "gentle." There have been many sweet moments when Gabrielle randomly asks about Eva and runs to check on her. Every morning when she wakes up, Gabrielle has to find Eva first. Today was absolutely precious when Gabrielle crawled the rails of Eva's bed to gently stuff the paci in Eva's mouth. Then, she sang, "twinkle twinkle little staaww" to calm her baby sister. I was totally amazed that it worked!! Eva turned her head towards Gabrielle and just watched her with the most intense look. I can tell these girls are going to be tight friends. I wish I had a picture, but I would not have missed that moment for anything!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Sisters
Posted by The Jefferys at 12:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment