This morning when I walked in the door from running, I heard, “Maaamma!” There is just nothing like the feeling I get from hearing our little girl’s voice. Lately Gabrielle has some pretty funny things that she says. When we were on our way to swimming, she continued to tell me, “No Miss Caroline, kay?” When we got to the pool she continued to negotiate and look at me in the eyes while saying “okaay mommy?” All of the sudden, Gabrielle has added the word, “okay” to almost everything she says. She agrees with herself before I can even answer her questions.
This morning I tried to pack too many activities into our day. As we were sitting together on a blanket having a picnic, Gabrielle patted me gently on the back and said, “okay mommy, okay.” She was making sure that I was feeling alright after listening to at least one solid hour of someone crying because they did not want to swim or fussing because they were hot and hungry.
It is amazing how Gabrielle has become a sensitive caring little person. I am just so thankful to have a buddy encourage me through tough moments even if she is the one who creates hardships for me sometimes. Thank you God for little people who do such BIG things!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
O.K.
Posted by The Jefferys at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment